Friday, October 14, 2011

Jung von Matt

It's been a while since my last post. That's because lately, I've had a lot of things on my mind. I'm busy working on my own website, which will be produced soon. And what's more: there's going to be a big change in my career.

It started a few months ago, when I got an e-mail from Romy, one of the recruiters. She asked me whether I'd be interested to work at Jung von Matt Hamburg. I told her that I was satisfied at my current agency, but that she can send through my work. And that if the creative directors are interested, I'm always willing to talk.

In the meantime I've been thinking a lot about working at my current agency Lemz. The first year it was great when I worked on the IKEA 365 campaign. It was a lot of work, but at least I had a consistent working flow and I learned a lot from all the shootings. But now that I'm working for different clients, I've noticed that the agency has a way of working that restrict me from making the work I really want and how I really want it. But if you look at the agency as a whole, they're still making very creative work here and client-wise they're doing very good. The thing is, that they will continue to do so and if I'm honest they don't need me for that.

And when I got an offer from one of the best agencies in the world, it set me to think. I would feel better in an environment where there are a lot of international creatives. With creative directors who are just as award hungry as I am. And what's important as well: my best friends from the Miami Ad School, Salvatore and Andres, are going to be my colleagues.

It's official now. Yesterday I sent the contract: from the 2nd of January I will work at Jung von Matt Hamburg.

4 Comments:

Anonymous derekb said...

congrats Robin!
You might want to change the short bio on your blog now ;-)

5:04 pm  
Anonymous 5tarvin said...

dus nu ben je weer een duitser
ach ..altijd al geweest

7:17 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Hi Derek, ja die bio moet ik binnenkort maar veranderen inderdaad. Goed dat je het zegt ;-).

En ja Marvin ik ben een Duitser. Maar jij ziet er met je nieuwe look nog altijd meer Duits uit dan ik :-D.

11:31 pm  
Anonymous Ralf said...

Van harte gefeliciteerd Robin!

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home