Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Red red wine...

It's March and finally my alcohol free month is over. I just saw a great movie called Quadrophenia, at the Nieuwe Anita and when I came home I poured myself a nice glass of red wine. It's 0.15 now and I already took two sips of it.

It's great how you learn to enjoy something again when it's not there. It wasn't difficult at all. But I have to admit that it was boring from time to time. At the advertising party of the Young Dogs and a party of Lemz where all my colleagues sang Dutch folk songs I definitely missed the absence of beer. But even on both of these difficult occasions I enjoyed myself a lot. And I didn't have to cope with the hangovers the next day. It proves that once you get used to it, life can also be good without alcohol.

But I'm not ready for a life as a buddhist yet. So until then I choose the fast way to enlightenment by enjoying a nice glass of beer or wine. My glass is almost finished now. My throat feels warm all the way to my stomach and my head feels cloudy. I'm happy to have done this alcohol free month. But I'm even happier that it's over.

3 Comments:

Anonymous 5tarvin said...

je prijs jezelf nog steeds de hemel in met je vrije maand

korste maand ooit

jammer robin ...kwestie van jammer

6:44 pm  
Anonymous paps en moeders said...

Laat die 5tarvin maar lullen hoor Robin.Ik ben in ieder geval trots op je dat je het toch maar weer gedaan hebt, een hele maand lang.

10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Sri Lanka I have seen buddhism friars drinking arrac, a palm licour. Maybe you should go there for holidays. ,)

10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home