Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Festival vacation


Like father, like son: rolling in the mud during a festival

And another week passed by. Time flies when you're having fun. I've had vacation for just a week and after a regular timeshift during the day, it's great to be in a more flexible mode again. Sleeping out is great when you're not used to it anymore. But it wasn't exactly a quiet vacation. I spent the first few days enjoying Amsterdam and the next days I was at two different festivals in Belgium.

The Belgian cities seem to have an enormous budget for their festivals. Especially the small ones. In my city of birth Alkmaar they are already happy when Marco Borsato is willing to throw a concert, but in Lokeren a festival week takes 10 days and there are artists like Alice Cooper, Public Enemy and the Human League! I only went there on Thursday. One one evening I've seen both the Dandy Warhols and Sisters of Mercy. The day after I went to the Dranouter festival, where my favorite was the Italian jazz legend Paolo Conte. This week I went back to work again, exhausted from my well deserved vacation.

3 Comments:

Anonymous 5tarvin said...

alkmaar zuigt qua dingen van de gemeente ... echt ze zijn zo slecht dat ik bijna naar belgie wil verhuizen

9:05 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Ja, ik had gehoord dat Provadja ook al opgeslokt wordt door een of ander cultuurcentrum. Net zoals Parkhof en Victorie, waar niemand meer komt. Heel erg zonde.

5:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, sleeping out is great when your not used to it any more. So always sleeping in then?

Judging by your statements about the length-full hours at work, I wouldn't be surprised.

But do check your dictionary about sleeping out...

6:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home