Friday, January 08, 2010

Stopmotion lunch


My colleague Sven holding the actual puppets from A Town Called Panic.

Before I went to the Miami Ad School, I was a big fan of a series of animation shorts called A Town Called Panic. I bought a DVD with a compilation of work from a British company called Aardman and that's where I saw it for the first time. When I started working in Duval Guillaume somebody told me that A Town Called Panic is actually made in Belgium.

And the production company, Beast Animation, is even close to Duval Guillaume. Today a few producers from the stopmotion company gave a presentation during lunchtime. They showed us the full-length movie version of A Town Called Panic. You can see the trailer here. It's actually the same as the short movies, but this time it's 75 minutes of utter madness instead of 5. The movie goes so hyperactive fast that if you blink, you miss another joke. So you can easily see it twice and laugh about all the jokes that you missed. 

A funny fact: this movie was actually in the official selection of the Cannes Film Festival 2009. What a wonderful contrast with movies like Das Weisse Band and Antichrist. After seeing these last few movies, A Town Called Panic is probably the only one that can cheer you up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home