Monday, October 05, 2009

Inspiration

My vacation is over and my new teammate, a Hungarian MAS-student called Marton Jedlicska, hasn't arrived yet so my first working week has started really easy-going. This gives me a good opportunity to finally see all the ads on Ads of the World that I've missed and to look on inspiring websites such as this one and this one.

Talking about inspiration, the week after Italy I finally had some time to see movies, go to the theatre, do some sports, go to a market and spend time with my friends and my girlfriend. In other words: I had time to enjoy a normal life. The importance of this is often forgotten when you spend an average of 12 hours a day in the agency.

One of the most impressive things I've seen last week was a standup comedian/vocal artist called Michael Winslow. He played the cop who mimics sounds in the Police Academy movies. His standup comedy show was so good it's scary. Here you can see him doing an impersonation of Jimi Hendrix, both the guitar and the singing (!).

Also very impressive, but less cheerful is the movie Antichrist. The opinions about this movie vary, but I think the movie is a masterpiece. Danish director Lars von Trier has made what is called by some journalists 'the most shocking movie in the history of the Cannes film festival'. I've seen more shocking movies. But the dark art-direction, the suspenseful sounddesign, and the psychologically engaging script combined with some disturbing scenes that won't leave your mind for days will guarantee to get you out of the cinema with a pale face. The feeling you get from this movie is truly unique but I can imagine that not everybody will enjoy this trip through the dark side of the human mind. The faint-hearted and people who don't feel to well mentally should avoid seeing this movie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Luciani said...

Take care of Marton for us. We Miss him here in Miami

4:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home