Monday, January 05, 2009

Back in Brussels

After a vacation of nearly 2 weeks I'm back at Duval Guillaume again. I started off bad because I have this dental gum infection that gives me an attack of horrible pain every now and then. And no pain killers can stop it.

It must have been partying during Christmas/Newyear and the sudden cold weather that did it. It lowered my resistance, and that makes me vulnerable for such a teeth infection. I haven't been drinking tea or coffee the entire day and I haven't smoked for 2 days. Only to get rid of this terrible pain. It's so bad that it's getting in the way of my work and that pisses me off because I was so terrible motivated again to make any kind of work. Even a translation job would've made me happy after two weeks of absence. Cause I love my job.

Anyway, enough rattling about my teeth. They are bad and the rest of my body seems to be invincible to any kind of disease, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I had a great time in Alkmaar during Christmas. I'm not very fond of mandatory activities during Christmas, but you can never spend enough time with your family or drinking beer with friends I haven't seen for a while.

During new year's eve I went to a big party in Antwerp called Go for Happy. Which afterwards seemed to be an ironic name cause the people at the party were everything but happy. There wasn't enough personnel to handle the jackets and to prevent that the angry riot at the wardrobe would storm over the fences the police stopped the party earlier and kicked everybody out. Not a very subtle thing to do but at least it was quite a sensational way to start the new year.

At work things started slowly, but immediately there were new briefings on our desks. The job planning in Duval runs smoothly, that's for sure. If only this damn toothache disappears like magic, my day would be perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home