Thursday, December 13, 2007

The last post

It's the usual face to face madness in school. People look like zombies, sleep on couches and tables and work the whole night through. There's even a guy who hurt his foot, he thinks he might have broken his toe but he refuses to go to the doctor because he doesn't have the time for it. So he just walks really careful when he gets his prints from the printer room. There's another wounded person in school: my classmate Caroline cut her finger. But there's work to be done. So she kept on working on her portfolio the whole night together with Salvatore. And in the midst of this madness, I left the school every day between eight and nine in the evening. I kind of feel guilty about it. But I guess it's my reward for good planning.


It feels strange that my time at the Miami Ad School is almost at an end. Next week there are screenings from German agencies and on Thursday I will get my diploma. And when there's no amazing news anymore, this is going to be my last post of this blog. Because on Monday I'm going to use the space on my blog to show my final portfolio along with stories about how the work was made.

And I've decided not to continue with this blog anymore. The reason is that whatever I write after this is going to look pale compared to my time in the Miami Ad School. The adventure of living abroad for the first time, learning from great advertising minds and being in four different countries in one year for an internship or to follow classes; that's what drew about 30 visitors a day from all over the world to this blog. And this experience is never going to get back ever again. It's sad, but a new adventure is going to start at Duval Guillaume Brussels. I'm going to the same agency every day, back to the same city every day and to the same clubs every weekend; my life will finally be consistent. For me personally it's going to be an exciting time, but for others it's boring to read about the same thing every time.

But...I'm going to start a new blog. I don't know what it's going to be but I already know I want to do something completely different. I think it's going to be less about me and less about advertising, but more about creativity in general. I feel I have to start something new. It's going to start when I start my new job in Belgium and I'll put the new website on this blog before I'll start in Belgium on the 14th of January. Thank you for reading this blog and I hope you'll enjoy my final portfolio.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at DGB!

4:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations in advance! Do let me know when you start your new blog. Maybe sometime next year you could help me find work in Brussels. I'd love to go back to Europe. Good Health, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Jose from Chicago

11:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,

Heel veel succes bij DG. Hoop je volgend jaar weer eens te zien. In Brussel.

Happy New year.

Ge Key

12:12 pm  
Anonymous Samar Singh said...

Thanks Robin..you are an amazing fellow full of optimism and life.You have got great things ahead of you.I read all of your posts till now and it was life changing.Now i am gonna go and find you on facebook so i can add you there and continue to get inspired from your zest for advertising and life :)..all the best Robin :)

2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home