Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Spare time in New York

It's Wednesday and I planned to put some work that I've made at Saatchi on my blog. The problem is that Julien and I are in Saatchi right now and the files are at home. There might be a chance that we can show our work to the main creative director Tony Granger before 16:30 so we're stuck in the agency until that time. There's a DVD with the files in the agency, but we'd sooner find oil in Central Park than we'd find the DVD back between all the people in the organisation.

So I'll just tell about how my week has been. You might think that a week off will give me some rest, but then you forget that I'm in New York. I haven't even done half of the things I wanted to do here and I think I'm not going to. It seems that whenever I have spare time, I can never plan anything. I try to make appointments that I don't have time for. I look up how I can get to the Statue of Liberty, only to find out that you have to get tickets 48 hours in advance. In the meantime I'm looking for apartments in Hamburg, because I don't want to sleep between the punks on the Reeperbahn when my next quarter starts.

Well, I was never good at being a tourist anyway. I just like to enjoy the city. Having dinner in a nice restaurant, drinking a cappuccino somewhere, and just walking around in the huge streets; all these small impressions are everlasting for me. On Friday afternoon I take the plane back to Holland. But wherever I go, a piece of New York will always stay with me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! this is MJ. I don't know how to e-mail you because i just found your blog while i was searching for the portfolio school, esp. Miami Ad School-Hamburg.

I'm very very excited to go to the school, and it seems that you already went to the school about 2 years ago. Even though i'm interested in ArtDirection course, I just want to talk to you about the school and whatever relevant to advertising. In case you wanna know a little bit about me in advance, :) I'm 21 years old from South Korea, and i'm going to graduate in this December.

mj1008@hotmail.com

looking forward to getting ur response! :)
have a good day!

10:23 pm  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Hi MJ,

Thanks for your message. I'll send you an e-mail so you can ask me all about the school.

11:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey robin. seems like you've had a great time in NYC and at saatchi! i'm starting at MASE now in october. was just curious,, is it your last quarter you're attending now when you're going back to hamburg? and which citys have you been to (or going to) at quarter away?

12:17 am  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey Robin,

Really enjoyed your blog! Really interesting. I'm at Miami Ad and interning at Saatchi NY starting in October. Now I'm officially really excited.
A couple of questions if you have time:
1. What's the dress like for creatives at Saatchi? More jeans and t shirt or khakis and dress shirt? I've heard Saatchi is a little more corporate and professional so I don't want to come unprepared.
2. Is there a gym for intern use at Saatchi?

My email is ryan_raab@miamiadschool.net. Thank you in advance and your stuff is genious. The scratchproof DVD and umbrella stuff is amazing, and I'd
love to see your stuff from Saatchi.
Later,

Ryan

1:48 am  
Blogger Robin Stam said...

Hey Henrik,

Welcome to the Miami Ad School! You're going to have two amazing years. It's my last quarter in Hamburg. My other two quarter aways were in Brussels and Stockholm. I'll tell you all about it in october.

And to Ryan: I'll respond to your e-mail as soon as possible. I just arrived in Holland so tonight it's partytime ;-)

6:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home