Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The final countdown

Last week of our internship at Saatchi! Friday is our last day so Julien and I are working hard to execute a campaign for Folgers (soon to be seen on this blog) and to gather all the files and scribbles that we've made this last few months.

I noticed that 2,5 months is not enough time to prove what you can do in an agency like this. The level is so high that you need at least a month to get into the workflow. After that things go easier. We've noticed that we've began to think less in quantity and more in quality. Every ad we make has to be original as hell and after a while you can see right away if an idea stands a chance or not.

I thing we managed really well to blend in with the agency, and that's already really good. But we didn't even come close to the level of the top creatives that work here. Which is not so strange, because the top creatives here can't even count the amount of Cannes Lions that they've won. It reminds me that I still have a long way to go. Which is good, because I want to reach their creative level and I've got something to fight for.

Next week I finally have the time to see more of New York and I'm looking forward to it. We decided that we're not going to work during our short vacation. There's a time for working and after that you have to be able to let it go. The 21st of september I'm coming back to Holland again.

And now attention to something else. One of the Miami Ad School students that lives in our house, Rhea has just graduated. She has a portfolio with a lot of fresh, progressive and campaignable work. As far as I know she's still looking for a job so if any of you need a good art-director, be fast. Check out her website here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home