Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Saatchi & Saatchi


The magnificent view from the 18th floor

This city is intense. New York is like a noisy friend that grabs your attention and sucks up all your energy. At Saturday I wanted to have a little stroll in Manhattan. But I found out there's no such thing as 'a little stroll in Manhattan'. Everywhere there's noise, salesmen, markets, street musicians, cars, limousines, tramps or capoeira dancers. It's like a big open air theatre. Yes it was fun, but this 'little stroll' also got me totally exhausted.

Friday was my first day at Saatchi & Saatchi. It's by far the most impressive agency I've ever worked. The building has nothing less than 18 floors and almost all of it is from Saatchi. I work on the top floor on one of the corridors. Everything in the building reminds you of the fact that you´re walking through a top agency: the shining marble floors, the elevators that are totally made of mirrors, the beautiful view over Manhattan and last but not least the press Grand Prix and the agency of the year award that they won in Cannes.

There wasn't a lot of time to enjoy all this, because we wanted to get to work immediately. My art-director Julien and I promised each other that this quarter we're going to make work that will win a Cannes lion. This might sound ridiculous to some people, but we're absolutely sure that we can do it. Despite the fact that we've got four days less. Being in an exciting environment like this motivates me even more. New York gives me wings like a bat out of hell. Give me a couple of weeks and I will fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home