Sunday, January 14, 2007

(New) work


Text on label: Good night herbal tea.

I haven't got a lot of big news after the last post (except that the appartment of my co-students is now under water). A perfect opportunity to show some new work.

This ad for Good Night tea, a herbal tea that helps you getting into sleep, was already made last quarter so it's not excactly new. The ad still had to be published at that moment, so I decided not to make it public yet. I'm always really careful with making my work public. Co-creatives Stef and Yona from Holland just put an entry for a competition on their blog and a week later some Germany agency made excactly the same idea for real. Could be a coincidence, but you just cannot take any risks in this dog eat dog world called advertising.

What's so wonderful about this ad is that I don't have to explain a lot about it. There's a rule that the message should come across in two seconds. The average time people have to think about this ad is one second. And the coolest thing is that it's actually made and published for real, thanks to my teacher Philipp from Jung von Matt who had so much confidence in this idea that he sold it to the client. I usually hate to put one-offs in my portfolio, but this little pearl gets a prominent place in the front.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erg goed!

Maarten

10:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mooi idee. Wel een tikkeltje ouderwets. Typisch een advertentie waarmee je een nominatie haalt bij de Eurobest.

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home