Sunday, November 05, 2006

ADC

Last week I was really happy for winning the Alessi competition, but this week there was also some dissapointment. The results of the german ADC (Art Directors Club) were there and I didn´t win anything. I kind of hoped that I would win something with Weetabix or Bild, but unfortunately it didn´t happen.

But I wasn´t bitter about it for a long time. I know from my own experience that winning awards isn´t a guarantee to a succesfull career in advertising. I do think that award shows are a good reference to see at what creative level you are right now. It´s the only way to test if the work you´ve made is excellent or not.

I think I've done pretty well in the Miami Ad School. My portfolio is probably double as good as the one I had before. But the ADC results prove to me that I'm not there yet. The people from our school who did win (congratulations to Kristin, Tristan, Michael, Julia, Jonathan and Renee) were all in their second year. Which proves to me that the best work is made in the second year. And that's a nice prospect. Next year my goal is to make so much good work that I can throw away everyting I've made so far.

You can see the ADC winners in the category student work at the following link: http://www.adc.de/servlet/PB/menu/1012414/gewinner_2006.html?catID=1012432

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home