Friday, May 19, 2006

Bad week

I wanted to place a nice photograph of me in Berlin on my weblog. Unfortunately that´s not possible because I left my digital pocket camera in the train yesterday. It´s just one of the bad things that happened this week. This week has been bad. If it would have been possible to kick a week´s ass, I would have done it already.

The beginning of the week wasn´t so bad. I had a lot of work to do but hey, what's new? It started all when I had concept class. All of my campaign ideas for a German newspaper called Bild were ruthlessly killed. Okay, that can happen. Next week I'm going to have better ideas.

Then I went to Berlin on Wednesday. I had a filmworkshop there. We had to think of commercial ideas for MacDonalds and MANEO, an organisation that wants to do something about violence against gays. There was a lot at stake because the best ideas would have been developed. I worked really well with teampartners consisting of Julien (one of the most promising art directors from my school) a producer, a cameraman and a director. All of them were very coöperative and -most important- creative. We had some good ideas. I even managed to go out for a beer and afterwards I typed the scripts. At 4:30 in the night I finally went to sleep. The birds were already singing outside. The next day I got up early again so I didn't have a lot of sleep. But the good thing was that we took sheets full of good ideas to the presentation. The teachers that evaluated the ideas were impressed by our ideas for MANEO. We were even invited to be at the shooting already, so I was pretty sure that we were going to make one of the commercials.

The bigger the dissapointment to get an sms this morning that we lost the pitch. I haven't got a clue what happened, but I reckon the client chose a different concept.

So today I'm pissed off big time. I don't feel like working but I have to. And tonight me and Emilia are going to try to get internet working. The only thing that can cheer me up a little is that internet is finally going to work or that I get a phonecall that they found my camera. But nothing can make this week a good one anymore. Fuck this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee Robin,

I repeat that "fuck you" for you hoping that your memories can soon be visualized again next to your handsome wordmixes.

Keep it cool, cheers,

Bertwin

8:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robin,

Rug recht, schouders naar achteren en pik naar voren. Houd stand!

Ge

8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home