Friday, January 13, 2006

Tired already?

Another great week has passed. It was interesting. Thursday it became painfully clear that my Dutch concept driven mind isn't enough to drag me all the way through the Miami Ad School. Me and my teammates had to make over one of our posters because the design wasn't good enough. In Holland agencies get away with rubbish design as long as the idea is clear. "If the idea is good", it is said, "you can do any execution and it's still pretty good". Which is probably why most of the dutch ads look like ugly ducklings compared to foreign ads.

I have a lot of fun with my classmates. This week they wanted to reschedule a class because the lessons were held in the evening. It was fine with me, but I explained to them we'll soon all be at school in the evening anyway, so they might as well get used to it. It occurred to me that even the youngest people get exhausted very easily. But maybe I'm more of a night person anyway. During the day I also have moments when I find it difficult to keep my eyes open.

Well, I've heard that this quarter is just the beginning. As a later quarter student said: "Now it's easy. At the end of each quarter, you'll be so busy that sleeping is a privilege".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi Lieffie
Is het toch nog ergens goed voor geweest dat je altijd zo'n nachtmens/feestbeest bent geweest.
Maar zorg wel dat je voldoende nachtrust krijgt anders houd je dit niet vol, maar je moet nu natuurlijk wel optijd naar bed toe.
Take care of yourself
Kiss moeders

11:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home