Friday, January 20, 2006

Hard work pays off

What is talent? I don't think talent really exists. And if it does exists, I don't have it. I think creative talent is often mistaken for having an open mind, being a lunatic, being controversial or just working your ass off to get a good idea.

Yesterday I had an idea for a TV campaign of which me and my teammates were certain it was awesome. When we presented it, it didn't even came close to being the best of the class. It makes you think nothing is certain in advertising. The day after I had to present an idea for a print campaign. I had a couple of ideas, but they were so bad I wouldn't even show them to a pack of monkeys.

So I stayed in school until I had the ultimate idea. Salvatore couldn't stand being idealess either so he was working next to me. Five hours and five pages in my sketchbook later I thought I had an good idea. The next day, I found out for sure it was good when my teacher said "this is interesting" when he faced my sketch on the wall. Salvatore also got positive remarks on his idea. I guess hard work pays off. Anyway, at least for this weekend I'm going to have a misplaced feeling perception that I 'm really really talented.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yesterday I had an idea for a TV campaign of which me and my teammates were certain it was awesome. When we presented it, it didn't even came close to being the best of the class."
This is the thing I often have to face with it whenever I present my idea in the class.
sometimes..i got depressed about it seriously coz i feel like i'm sort of an outsider who think that some boring stuff is so creative!
:(

5:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home